HOW DO I GET STARTED AS A RUGBY REFEREE?
1.Talk to a referee.
At the end of game, introduce yourself to the referee and say that you’d like some advice on how to get started.
2.Decide which type of game you want to work with
Under 7s - U14s
3.Contact your local Referee Society
You'll then be introduced to referees who will develop you and assign you matches to officiate.
GET STARTED AS A REFEREE
THE BENEFITS OF REFEREEING
Here are five great reasons for becoming a coach:
- You stay involved with the game you love, the friendships, the fun and the banter
- You feel good knowing that you’re giving something back
- You stay fit – mentally and physically
- You develop yourself personally and professionally
- You inspire the next generation of players.
MICHAEL PATZ'S VIDEO GUIDE TO REFEREEING
In a series of 7 short videos, Michael shares his expert advice as well as videos to watch, websites to visit and courses to go on.VIDEO GUIDE